As new registered member you receive the permission of “contributor”. What this mean is that you are able to write post and save them.
Once it is done, you leave it there and one of the Editor or Administrator will take a look check if every thing is fine with what was wrote and will publish it. That can take minute or that can take days. So stay calms, no panic…
When your post will be publishing you will get a notification every time you get a comment.
Now there are a few rules about what the post should contain. The first thing is that it must have text in it (minimum 200 words). If it has too little text, they will be deleted after some hours or days. Ultimately you can write an article of pure text, without any images, videos, etc. and it will be publish
We are also not interested to see lonely videos, image, etc.
It defeat the idea of this blog, meaning giving more explanation and sharing the knowledge that people will actually read.
If you embed a video or images, it is now imperative that you explain:
- What is it?
- Why you post it?
- What is interesting about it?
- You also need to identify the game that it talks about in the Title, in the text, and in the category that you can see on your Right.
What kind of videos we want to see
- Dateyourgame Community is interested in seeing “Self Created content” from his user.
- The video should not contain any trademark, watermark that isn’t own or created by you.
- The Video should not contain main stream media content or any media or text that is or sound like officially released marketing material by companies.
- We would strongly advise the contributor to have video that respect copyright especially when it comes to music. If you really want music on your video use either the music from the game itself or public domain music
- Also as of the 18/4/08 multiplayer video of battle posted on dateyourgame cannot refer to names of the other “specific” players. You are allow to show your awesome video as long as you don’t point out or show specific players names.
By self created content we mean videos that you recorded yourself and demonstrate a Performance that is unique to you, the video should be edited yourself, published yourself wrote by yourself. Such Video can easily be achieved with the “How to Record Gameplay” guide on dateyourgame that is base on Attila’s experience.
Basic Rule for the videos to be accepted.
The goal of Dateyourgame is to share the experience of gaming.
What we don’t want to See in a post and comments
- The kind of post we reject are those that contain nothing related to games (unless it’s interesting, in a very subjective way).
- The post that have stuff embedded but no description at all.
- The post that contain play list.
- We don’t publish post that have more then 4 videos embedded in them.
- The post that contain bad language or that have simply unreadable syntax.
- The post that contain short question instead of answer, (comments are for questions (unless a post have a very philosophical question in it that would worth answering in public).
- Any post that contain duplication of web content, the content of dateyourgame must be exclusive to Dateyourgame.com
- Any post or comments containing piracy, leaked content, harassment, hate, racism, pornography, violence, treat, insult, or any offensive material will be unapproved and if we feel it’s serious we will froward the information to your Internet service provider that can cut you the internet services and the Police, we will report that as cybercrime, As soon as you visit Dateyourgame we can easily identifies you and we keep evidence of any mischief you may commit and forward them to the competent authorities. so don’t mess with us or real world Law apply.
- Finally, any post or comments that for totally random reason, we feel doesn’t belong here, will be deleted, don’t even bother to ask why.
Now depending your post and the quality of them you might become an “author” that will allow you to publish by yourself. But you must prove yourself first and contribute regularly with really good quality content.
Now how can you embed videos by yourself?
The easy way is to click “Youtube” enter the video url and click ok.
Well to do so I HIGHLY recommend you use Firefox
Then you must copy the embedding code from youtube, google video, dailymotion, etc.
On youtube you can find it on the video description or in the edit video info, down the page there is a code under “Embed HTML: Put this video on your Web site! Copy and paste the code below to embed the video.”
If you have any question ask here and we will improve this page to the question we get.
The site content is the responsibility of the persons from which the content originated. By reading or writing on this site you agree that neither Dateyourgame.com nor its sponsors or affiliates are responsible for all content that users post or upload. This mean that we don’t guarantee the truthfulness or quality of any content since we are not the creator of it. This also mean that the user is responsible for the action on his account and is forbidden to share his account information with others persons.
The above guidelines can be subject to change and may affect content retroactively as the orientation and need of the Dateyourgame community evolve. If you break any of the terms above we may discontinue providing any services.